This eJAMBED is in line with SAQA Unit Standard 254135: Apply the techniques for operating four wheel drive (4WD) vehicles, in on-road and off-road conditions.
The course is for learners seeking to apply the basic concepts of 4WD. It will enable the learner to demonstrate the basic knowledge and skills required to handle a 4WD, on-road and off-road, perform vehicle preparation, understand preventative maintenance and handle basic recovery situations and equipment, in an environmentally considerate manner.
Name 4x4 Author Hansie Zietsman Who is it for? Anyone that drives a 4WD off road vehicle Scope
- Identifying the range of features, vehicle options and capabilities of a 4WD vehicle
- Demonstrating an understanding of the preparation of a vehicle for off-road conditions
- Demonstrating a basic understanding of the various chassis and suspension configurations
- Demonstrating a basic understanding of a drive train
- Operating a 4WD vehicle in off-road conditions